Sunday 30 August 2009

31/08: PLAYING THE WAITING GAME

People often ask how long it takes to complete a portrait ... what can I say?


If I sat down with my pastels and didn't stop for any breaks, I reckon I'd finish a single subject (from a good ref photo) in about 6 - 12 hours depending on the complexity. But its the waiting time that drags things out isn't it?


I'm waiting for final approval from Jake's owner (Border Collie) and for further feedback/instructions/approval from Jack's owner (horse).


I'm also waiting to hear from my client who commissioned the portrait of him and his girlfriend. He collected the portrait at 8am yesterday and was going to propose to her last night. He promised to keep me updated but I haven't heard back ... don't like to text him .. just in case :o(


Anyway, this is an update on Jack the horse. His owner is overseas at the moment but, from memory, she thought his forelock should be 'fluffier' and his mane darker (I hadn't coloured it in the scan I sent to her). She also thought his nostrils were too flared, but I think they look that way in the ref, so I need to wait for her input again.

May as well pour myself a glass of wine whilst waiting .... cheers, m'dears!!




2 comments:

  1. I hate waiting too chuck. I don't think they sometimes 'get' that when you've spent so long completing a commission that you actually want to know details upto and including the recipients response. Enjoy your wine.....wines!!!!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find waiting for feedback from customers so nerve racking, always worried that they whole thing is wrong. thankfully that hasn't happened yet lol

    hopefully the proposal went well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x