Wednesday 6 October 2010

06/10: TIGER IN PASTEL - A LITTLE BIT MORE ...

We got home late afternoon so I photographed the Tiger in slightly better light which shows his colours a little better (still not really true to life .. but I'll wait till he is finished before faffing too much)



and I spent about 40 minutes working on his left paw and adding a 'hint' of body .... I lost the light then so we're back to 'blue tone' photos.



Apart from a hairdressing appointment tomorrow (long overdue) I have a fairly free day so should be able to put the Tiger to bed.   I'll take a good look at him in the morning and do all the necessary tweaking to the fur tones and give him a generous spray with fixative.    I guess that will necessitate 'touching up' all the white areas which will inevitably dull (!!) and then I have to add whiskers etc and figure out how to make them stand out .....

Overall I'm pleased with how quickly this has come together (compared with using coloured pencils) but I still prefer Fisher 400 paper for pastel work as it holds more pastel (in my humble opinion) but  only comes in sand colour which is fairly limiting unless a background is painted in.

OK .... time to chill out.    I just need to prepare Spike's evening meal - tonight he has gourmet dog food, diced cheddar (mild) and chopped unsalted peanuts .... I know, I'm spoiling him!    Actually we have a battle of wills going on at the moment and I'm embarrassed to say the hedgehog is winning!

I'm trying to photograph the little blighter but I can't leave our patio doors open all evening because the crane flies get into the house.   When I open the doors to take the photo the noise alerts Spike and he trundles off at a pretty impressive rate of knots and sulks for an hour or so - all I get is a blurred shot of hedgehog bottom!    Last night I stayed up till 2am (must confess I fell asleep watching the story of Elsa the Lioness) and because I'd left the garden lights on Spike wouldn't come to his food bowl for fear of being photographed.   He must have visited as soon as I retired to bed as by the time we got up  he'd finished the food and turned his bowl upside down in disgust (bless)!!

3 comments:

  1. You tell a great story Sue. I love reading what happening around your world there..always something interesting. Do you ever have a dull moment..LOL

    Love the Tiger. Those piercing eyes. Great job.
    Looks like you have a big market for Tigers. Hope you have many sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tiger looks so gentle, I probably wouldnt give it a pat on the head though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming along beautifully, Sue, and I hope it sells also. He does look gentle yet majestic at the same time.

    I really can't wait to see any hedgehog photos you get but know the difficult in getting good shots of wild animals. Had to laugh at your adventures with ole Spike though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x