Wednesday 17 August 2011

17/08: VISITORS

Just a quickie to say I'm still here ... Mum has been visiting for a few days so we have been taking her out and about so no time for blogging (or drawing). We took her home yesterday and went on to see David's Mum who was celebrating her 93rd birthday.

Today we are doing our usual 'stint' as volunteers at the Pilgrims Hospice eBay shop. Sales of donated items are doing very well and I look forward to seeing what they've found for me to photograph, weigh and list today. Never a dull moment!

The sun is out in Tankerton and for a few days we've experienced that rare sight of a truly blue sea here (its usually porridge coloured) here's the proof:


It takes us just 10-15 minutes to walk to the sea for this view - I never tire of it though to be honest I love it best in the Autumn/Winter months when there are fewer visitors :o)


I'll post more later but have lots of catching up to do. 





3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good visit with your mother, Sue. You live in a very beautiful area, I'm surprised you aren't a seascape/landscape painter with views like those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan. The weather was kind to us and we've done a lot of 'sightseeing' with Mum but it will be nice to get back to normal tomorrow. I'll really have my nose to the grindstone (or the drawing board) to catch up with commissions and the UKCPS exhibition things.

    I've taken lots of photos of our sea (both rough and smooth) and seagulls, sunsets, yachts etc., but much as I love looking at the views I've never felt the urge to draw them. Perhaps if I took up watercolour or oil painting I'd feel more inclined to do so :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue
    Love the photo's and I am in a similar boat ;-), being a few minutes walk from the Bristol channel, river Brew and the estuary and take loads of photo's but have never felt the urge to paint (or draw) a seascape.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x