Sunday 1 July 2012

01/07: CANCER RESEARCH RACE FOR LIFE

Well yesterday I blogged about the Ride for Life  (equestrian fund raiser) and today two of my friends, Di and Mari will take part in a Cancer Research Race for Life fund raiser.

There are more than 240 races taking place throughout the UK but Di and Mari will participate in the one at Blackheath, London which kicks off at 10.30am - fingers crossed the weather will be kind to them.     Its just 5km and the ladies will be 'strolling' the course rather than running/jogging (bless) but I wish them lots of luck and congratulations on raising sponsorship for such a great cause.  

I tried to find a photo of the two of them together from my collection but this is the best I could do - taken way back in 2004 - Ladies Day at Royal Ascot - me in the middle wearing 'rust', Mari to the left with blue hat obscuring her face  and Di  in white - laid out on the floor behind me (again)!! 



What is particularly poignant is that John (left of photo) died from cancer within weeks of this event - it was very quick and unexpected - so even more reason to support Cancer Research and the Race for Lifers today!    





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x