Monday 23 July 2012

23/07: I'LL HUFF AND I'LL PUFF ......

Summer has arrived at last in Kent!!

Had a bowls match yesterday afternoon and it was soooooo hot.   We bought fish & chips on the way home (a rare treat for us even though we live by the Sea) and sat outdoors to eat them as the weather was so good.

By late evening there was a chill in the air so David decided to throw some twigs and stuff in the chiminea to generate a bit of warmth - any excuse to play with fire methinks!  The wood wasn't really dry enough to catch and needed a bit of help - we don't have bellows but with a lot of huffing and puffing he did a good job of creating enough draft to make a decent glow/fire.    Here he is on hands and knees at 11pm


Unfortunately the chiminea threw out so much smoke it drove us indoors shortly afterwards :-)



2 comments:

  1. men and fire...the bigger the fire the better :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought on looking at this picture was to sympathise with his knees. Ouch. Sorry you got smoked out in the end. I hope this weather holds for the Games.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x