Wednesday 25 March 2015

25/03: SAX ON THE BEACH

I haven't done any artwork for a few days - mainly because I started a drawing that isn't 'grabbing me' and I've lost a bit of impulsion.

Sticking with my theme of 'Fuerteventura characters' photographed during recent visits, I have lots of photos of this guy who plays Saxophone as part of a small group of musicians who busk near the tapas bars at the town beach in Corralejo.

I'd kind of settled on a portrait photo but my mini survey recently showed that more people preferred the ¾ pic which shows rather a lot of that instrument which has far too many buttons and knobs for my liking.

So I made a start but it has been standing on a top near my desk for days just challenging me to pick up the pencils again and have another bash ...


Now I've posted it I'll have to carry on .... so this is just to give me the kick up the backside I need.     

I'm off to do my voluntary day at Pilgrims Hospice now but will get back to work on this tomorrow and post an update then

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sue! I think the addition of the sax to this portrait is perfection. I absolutely love it! You do find the cutest characters in your travels to photograph and paint. He's perfect and I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing so far Sue!!
    I can't wait to see the next post. What size is this painting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you've lost your enthusiasm for this as I think it could turn out quite wonderful. You really have made a good start - don't let all the details get you down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support ladies ... I really should stick with this one as I bought a picture frame (in the sales) specifically to suit the long, narrow style of the picture. The picture will fit the frame size 23" x 12"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't you imply the instrument with having to detail it fully? The picture is looking great but I can see the problem with the sax.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x