Tuesday 16 February 2016

16/02: LAST MINUTE PANICS

We're flying to India on Thursday and David (bless) started complaining of an eye problem on Friday - seeing floaters.   I got him an opticians appointment on Saturday and he had a check up but was told to return this morning for more tests.  Today the tests were inconclusive so the optician tried to telephone the emergency eye clinic at William Harvey Hospital (Ashford) but they didn't answer their phone.   So ... he wrote a referral letter and told us to drive to the hospital for their 'walk in' clinic.   Its a 40 mile round trip through busy towns so I wasn't best pleased at having to drive (as he'd had drops in his eyes and driving is banned for 6 hours).

To cut a long story short, the 'walk in' clinic is not a 'walk in' clinic - appointments required, in addition to referral letters.    They took pity on us though and agreed to fit him in this afternoon.   Thankfully it was confirmed that he has PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) which is common as you get older ... there is no retinal damage so he has the all clear to fly.

Anyway, I hope to write a few blogposts and post some photos along the way when we have decent wifi coverage.    If you'd like to check in occasionally the link is:   http://clinxxii.blogspot.co.uk/

Between getting ready for India, sorting out my Mum's flood damage claim (still ongoing) and David's eye problems I've had no time for art.

However, I delivered the graphite drawing on Sunday and the client was very happy which was a relief.   Since he doesn't use a computer I wasn't able to send him work in progress pictures for approval or critique prior to finishing it.  

This was the final version alongside the original dark/faded photo.   Apparently my client's grandfather was about 17 or 18 when the photo was taken:





The picture was supplied with a double mount but I forgot to photograph it before packaging it - this is just a single mount laid loosely over the picture so I could work out where to add my signature.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sue, no wonder he was pleased!
    Have fun in India and I'll stop in at your new blog to check on you and your adventures! Thanks for setting it up.
    Tell David to quit with the medical emergencies - seriously glad he's ok to fly though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful drawing, have a happy and safe hoiday|

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad David is ok, eye problems can be worrying and glad the client liked the graphite drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, glad he was OK to fly though. What a worry. Hope you can sleep on the plane. I know some people can't.

    Have a great time and I look forward to your Indian reports.

    Great pic of the young man by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies.

    I've just found out that if you click on 'View my complete Profile' on the right side of this blog (under my photo) you can flit between Blogs as it shows posts from both ... not sure if that's any easier than using the link I gave ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a panic before you are to leave. I am glad David is all right to travel. Have a wonderful, safe trip, Sue!!!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this drawing Sue!! I'm sorry posting so late.....enjoy your trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Let me know what you think :-)

I have disabled the Captcha requirement at the request of followers who find it irritating when posting comments. However to stop the subsequent flood of spam posts I can no longer accept comments from Anonymous sources.
Apologies if this is a problem
Thank you
Sue
x